A frontal view of the Ventura County Court House at Poli and California Streets, now Ventura City Hall. Photo possibly taken from a rooftop. A small plume of smoke rises from the right-hand side of the Court House.
[AZO in stamp area]
Library records state: "The Butterfield Grade came thru the saddleback at the left of center of the picture and swung around to the right following the contour of the hills and reached the Santa Rosa Valley at the present school house [Santa Rosa…
A group of boy scouts (Troop 120) and troop leaders sit on the steps in front of the Ventura County Court House (currently Ventura City Hall in 2021). They sit in rows on steps in front of the Junipero Serra statue (it was removed in 2020) and are…
Glossy outdoor bird's eye view of the Wagon Wheel Junction. View of Wagon Wheel Motel and a large sign for Wagon Wheel Motel and Restaurant. Another sign for Venox is also visible. Mid 1950's car (Chevy) entering complex.
Exterior, bird's eye view of the Carnegie Library in Oxnard just after its construction in 1907. Houses and buildings are in view next to and behind the library as well as intersected roads at bottom of the image.
Exterior view of the tank house at Perkins place, which is currently (2020) the main office at Heritage Square in Oxnard. There are two open cars filled with people and a number of people standing around the cars. Library records state: "Rowe's old…
Image of the construction of the sea wall along Highway 1 near Pt. Mugu. Men and building tools are spread out over the scaffolding attached to the cliff face. The ocean can be seen in the right hand side of the frame.
Exterior view of the Ortega Adobe on West Main Street in Ventura, CA. Snapshot taken prior to its refurbishment in the 1970s. There is some graffiti on the building and some chicken wire fencing around a section of the building.
Photo looking upwards from the street level at the front of the courthouse building in Ventura. Sign reading "Ventura County Court House" is prominent. Photo taken just before the sign changed to San Buenaventura City Hall.