Dr. Bower's Adobe in Palm Park, Ventura

Image

Dr. Bower's Adobe in Palm Park, Ventura

Title

Dr. Bower's Adobe in Palm Park, Ventura

Identifier

3791

Description

Adobe structure conceived and built by the Reverend Dr. Stephen Bowers to house his artifacts. Historic adobe bricks were used from San Buenaventura Mission quadrangle to build it. The little building was originally next to Dr. Bower's home at Oak and Santa Clara Streets, but was moved in 1902 to the center of Ventura's Palm Park on Columbo Street across from the San Buenaventura Mission.

Creator

Unknown

Date

circa 1920

Format

16.3 x 11 cm
Black and white photograph

Subject

Adobe buildings
Palm Park (Ventura, Calif.)

Coverage

California
Ventura County (Calif.)
Ventura (Calif.)

Publisher

Museum of Ventura County

Rights

The copyright to this image has not been determined. These images are intended for personal or research use only. Please contact library staff for rights determinations and additional uses.

Type

Image

Language

English

Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Dr. Bower's Adobe in Palm Park, Ventura,” Research Library at The Museum of Ventura County, accessed June 24, 2024, https://photographs.venturamuseum.org/items/show/5100.