Oxnard Opera House

Image

Oxnard Opera House

Title

Oxnard Opera House

Identifier

39914

Source

Madeline Miedema Collection, 2011

Description

Exterior front view of the Oxnard Opera House. Building was located on the west side of C Street between 5th and 6th Streets. Opera House was previously a skating rink called Dreamland. In January 1909, M. W. Hurst, now sole owner began to convert Dreamland into an opera house.

Creator

Unknown

Date

circa 1909-1910

Format

20.4 x 13 cm
Black and white photograph

Subject

Theaters
C Street (Oxnard, Calif.)

Coverage

California
Ventura County (Calif.)
Oxnard (Calif.)

Publisher

Museum of Ventura County

Rights

The copyright to this image has not been determined. These images are intended for personal or research use only. Please contact library staff for rights determinations and additional uses.

Type

Image

Language

English

Is Referenced By

Photo is featured on page 50 of VCHS Quarterly, Vol. 47 No. 2/3 "Oxnard at 100."

Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Oxnard Opera House,” Research Library at The Museum of Ventura County, accessed December 9, 2022, https://photographs.venturamuseum.org/items/show/4960.